We Need your Help to get your Businesses on the Map with Google!
The town of Selinsgrove is lively, peaceful, and it is always booming with new shops and things to do. There are so many established business so far in the area and it is harder for newer business to spread their presence. With the age of social media and mobile phones, people are always checking for things to do, especially when they are in a new area. You can easily tell your phone to show you all the nearby restaurants or shops, and it will give you a list of all the places around you using GPS. With Google, you can get that kind of online exposure and be one of those businesses people will find with their phones. Google partners are trying to help towns such as Selinsgrove do just that. Google has you get started by visiting gybo.com/business and following the directions below.
HOW TO PUT YOUR BUSINESS ON THE MAP
1. Go to gybo.com/business to check how your business shows up on Google
• Type in your business name.
• Add your business for free if it isn’t on the list.
• Review suggestions on how to improve your presence on Google.
2. Verify your business
• Wait for a call or card from Google confirming your address and sending a PIN code.
• Follow the sign in instructions and insert your PIN where the screen says “Enter Code.”
3. Manage your business information
• Make sure we have the right details for your business, including phone number, address, and hours of operation.
4. keep your information up to date
• Check back to manage reviews, add photos, update your info, and more.
• Download the Google My Business app for Android in the Google Play Store or for iOS in the App Store.
• Use the app to update your business information directly from your mobile phone.
Google claims that
“Businesses with complete listings online are twice as likely to be considered reputable. Businesses that are online are expected to grow 40% faster than those that aren’t. Find out what your listing looks like when customers search for your business on Google Search and Maps.”
That is quite a bold statement, but with the way the world has shifted to digital and online, having your business online makes sense. I hope this blog can help Selinsgrove’s smaller business reach that online presence. Using the hashtag #OnTheMap on Twitter or Facebook, we could help spread the word around. Don’t forget to leave a comment below or on our Facebook page about your thoughts!
Below you can find pdf files to get started!